Wednesday, October 6, 2010

They Are To Teach What Is Good


I know a special little boy named Zek who is about to turn one year old. It seems like just yesterday I was throwing a baby shower for his Mommy.

This was a unique shower in that we also had a Bible study. The passage we studied, Titus 2:3-5 says of older women:

"They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled. "



With (at that point) just 4 years of marriage under my belt, I knew that I would have very little to offer in such a study. So I asked some of the guests to be prepared to speak on a topic from the passage and to share their experiences in relation to their topics. These ladies spoke about self-control, purity, being a homemaker, kindness and submission to our husbands. This was an inspirational and very moving experience, and I'm so glad these ladies were willing to share such meaningful thoughts.

Of course, we also had food, it was a shower after all. We all chipped in, so don't think that I made all of this. Here's the spread...



Ice cream cake, fruit tray, cookie cake and behind the candles is this...


This my friends, is a cheese ball! Isn't it gorgeous?

I did make the punch. It's delish!
 
Fruit Punch
Makes about 50 servings--can easily be halved
(Of course, you should always have extra on hand as one cup is not enough)

2 packets of Fruit Punch Kool-Aid
1 c. boiling water
2 qts. warm water
2 1/2 c. sugar
1-46 oz can of pineapple juice
2-2 liter bottle ginger ale, chilled

Dissolve the Kool-Aid in the boiling water. Then in a large pot add the Kool-Aid, water, sugar and pineapple juice. Mix well and divide into two large freezer bags and freeze.

To Serve:
Thaw the punch until it is just starting to slush. Add one bag's contents to a punch bowl and add one bottle of ginger ale. Stir well.

Click here for the Printable Recipe at Tasty Kitchen.

 

Happy Birthday Zek!!

1 comment:

Bored Cook said...

I just found your blog and saw this recipe for punch. I love collecting punch recipes and trying different versions. I like the idea that this is made ahead and then frozen for the day you need it. Perfect. Just copied the recipe and will be trying it at my next "Punch" related event.

Thanks for sharing.

Pam