Friday, May 21, 2010

Strawberry Cobbler


Today is the last day of Strawberry Week. I really can't believe I've written five posts in as many days. And I'm pretty sure that unless someone wants to pay me for blogging, I won't be making a habit of it. Anyway, I'm happy to end Strawberry Week with a recipe from Brian's Aunt Vera: Strawberry Cobbler. It's easy and delicious!


Pictured above is a half recipe


Strawberry Cobbler

Ingredients
1 cup water + more if necessary (up to a cup)
1 cup sugar
2 heaping tbsps cornstarch
3 oz box Strawberry Jello
4 pie crusts- homemade or store bought (I won't tell!)
3-4 cups strawberries, hulled and halved
3 tbsps melted butter


In a saucepan, combine sugar, 1 cup water, and cornstarch. Cook on medium heat until sugar is dissolved and ingredients are well combined. Add jello and stir until combined. Add more water if necessary to fill baking dish.

Place two pie crusts in a 9x13 baking dish covering bottom and sides of dish. Add strawberries and jello mixture. Top with remaining pie crusts and press edges together. Cut a slit in the top of the crust to allow for steam to escape.

In a 350 degree oven, bake cobbler for 35-45 minutes. Brush with butter about half way through baking time and again at the end. Allow to cool before serving.

Go here for a Printable Recipe at Tasty Kitchen.


Note: I used too much water and the result was a runny cobbler. It was still delicious so I spooned out some liquid and it congealed better. However, if you were planning on eating with ice cream, the liquid would make a good sauce.

3 comments:

Pam said...

It looks delicious! I've never made a strawberry cobbler and must try this! Thanks for the recipe!

Unknown said...

I cannot wait to try this recipe...especially since we have a few strawberry plants giving us strawberries already.
Thanks for sharing!!!

Anonymous said...

The Green Beans were real good. Have made the Cinnamon And Apples and they are great. Going to try the rolls this Thursday night.

Linda