Monday, April 11, 2011

Dressing Up Dinner: Sweet Peas

I have recently been on a quest.  A quest to find a great way to cook Sweet Peas.  You know, other than drowning them in butter.  Of course a little butter is ok. So, one day, I put a few things together and came up with a recipe for peas that I think I could eat all the time. 

103_1737

Dressed Up Sweet Peas
Serves 4
1-2 tablespoons butter
1  (15 oz.) can of Sweet Peas
1/2 cup chicken broth
Scant 1/2 teaspoon dried sage

In a small saucepan, melt butter on medium heat.  Add drained peas, chicken broth and sage to pan, stir and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring often,  for 10-15 minutes or until the liquid is mostly evaporated. 

Click here for the Printable Recipe at Tasty Kitchen.

Linked to Made It On Monday.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for linking up to "Made it on Monday"

This sounds so different, and I am always up for different! :)

I hope you will come back and share often.

Little Step said...

Sounds good, I'll have to try it. Also, curried peas are very tasty too...just add some curry powder, additional cumin if you like, and you've moved into a whole other "sweet pea" dimension!