This dish is a favorite in my house. The recipe serves six if part of a meal, but expect them to be greedily gobbled up if served alone.
Chicken Quesadillas with Roasted Red Peppers
1 lb chicken breasts, boiled and shredded (boil for 20 minutes or leave all day in your crock-pot)
1 1.25 oz packet taco seasoning
1/4 cup roasted red peppers, diced
8 ounces shredded cheese, divided (cheddar or your favorite Mexican/Taco bled)
12 10 inch flour tortillas
2 tbsps melted butter
- Follow the directions on your seasoning packet to season the chicken.
- In a bowl, combine the seasoned chicken and peppers.
- Warm tortillas in microwave for 20 seconds or until warm. This will make them soft enough to fold.
- Brush melted butter onto one side of each tortilla and place buttered side down on wax paper.
- Using half of the cheese, sprinkle onto 1/2 of each tortilla.
- Top with chicken mixture and remaining cheese.
- Fold tortillas in half to enclose filling.
- Cook in skillet on medium heat 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until both sides are golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Cut each quesadilla into wedges to serve.