Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Yummy First

I thought this would make a nice "First" post.
My daughter's first birthday was in April. She had a Classic Pooh party, and I made a smash cake for her using the same cake pan that was used for two of my younger siblings. I also made cupcakes for the guests. I used techniques that were new to me, and considering that, I feel things turned out well.

Smash Cake

I used Royal Icing to make Pooh Bear. I think he is so cute!

Bee Cupcakes

The cupcakes were butter cake with buttercream icing. The bees were made of vanilla fondant. I wish I had used edible ink to draw the stripes, but they still turned out cute...and tasty too!

Sophie had done well with the practice smash cake I made on her actual birthday...

But she wasn't as enthusiastic about the one at the party. We had to guide her a bit.



But what we were really hoping for was a face plant, and we were not disappointed.


It's nice that someone other than Sophie was able to enjoy the cake too!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Love the bee cupcakes and your daughter is adorable!